The following assumes you have a BlueMicro840 controller. If yours uses a Xiao or a RP2040, see the other guides.
With CircuitPython and PyKey firmware
- Go to CircuitPython.Org Download page of the BlueMicro840.
- Download the latest stable release (more recent ones are OK)
- Put the Blurmicro840 in bootloader mode by double-pressing reset
- A new drive called "BLUEMICRO" should show up on your computer
- Copy CircuitPython UF2 file you just downloaded to that drive.
- Once copied, the BlueMicro840 should reset itself and a new drive called "CIRCUITPY" should show up
- CircuitPython is now installed.
Install Core Libraries
- Go to CircuitPython.Org Libraries page.
- Download the Bundle for Version 7.x
- Uncompress the bundle
- Copy the following libraries into the lib folder of the "CIRCUITPY" drive
Install PyKey Library
- Copy the whole pykey folder from the PyKey repo into the root of the "CIRCUITPY" drive
Copy the example firmware
- Go to the example folder of the Pykey repo
- Copy the whole layers folder from the PyKey repo into the root of the "CIRCUITPY" drive
- Copy code.py to the root of the "CIRCUITPY" drive (overwrite the existing one)
Notes: KMK does not support speaker or the back-lit LEDs of the CNCEncoderpad
- Install CircuitPython as per instructions for PyKey firmware
- Install core libraries as per instructions for PyKey firmware
- Copy the whole KMK folder from the KMK_Firmware repo into the root of the "CIRCUITPY" drive
- Copy the kb.py from the boards folder into the root of the "CIRCUITPY" drive (not available yet)
- Copy/rename the CNCEncoperPad.py from the user_keymaps folder to code.py into the root of the "CIRCUITPY" drive (not available yet)